Monday, June 1, 2009

Alistair Knox home for sale






ARCHITECT DESIGNED HOME ON 2 1/4 ACRES
This unique one owner, Alistair Knox designed home is privately situated in the heart of the prestigious Tintern precinct of Ringwood East on 9,246sqm (2 1/4 acres). Alistair Knox is arguably one of our most famous and influential theorists of domestic architecture in the 20th century and meticulously planned the site and aspect of this fine example of his architecture.

Photos courtesy of Treeby Real Estate.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing joyflea. It's a classic isn't it? There's some great furniture in there too heh!

joyflea said...

Yes, I love what I find in my area on the realestate site. Let's me see into houses I'd otherwise never get to visit!

Raybies said...

Hi JoyFlea
Have a look at this blog by Christian in Califoria. http://freetv-airconditioned.blogspot.com/2009/05/greetings-from-modesto-california.html
He has a great collection of Post Cards issued by Motels in the 50's 60's. advertising their wares. He also has some then and now comparision shots of motels and bowling alleys etc in his area. Not sure if you're into the slightly kitsch neon signs and decor but I am. Luv it. Have a look in the 2007 folder, some fantastic shots. Luv your blog.Let me know what you think.
Cheers
Ray

joyflea said...

Ray, I had a look at the blog you suggested. Isn't it sad that mid century architecture is left to crumble when it is historically significant to our generation and to our kids. I do love before and after shots though.

Dacdidac said...

I loved this home so much I just bought it.

We loved the feeling when you walk through the home, the natural lighting and layout, with nice views of the garden.

Its quite interesting reading about Alistair Knox and his work, something I knew nothing about before.

thanks for sharing these images